You care about discipling and empowering other disciples. I know you do. Developing passionate followers of Jesus, multiplying and equipping leaders, empowering other generations, it's stuff everyone who cares about the church cares about.
- You could disciple more people with less effort?
- Your approach could work any time, any place, with anyone?
- You could unleash a disciple-making flood in the church you serve?
Contagious Discipleship will show you how. It is not a simplistic formula, but more like an art that is learned in minutes and refined for a lifetime. This training workshop is hands-on and highly experiential. Contagious Discipleship is a discovery-based process built on the action-reflection principles of learning theory.
What if we could disciple people the way we learn? The most important lessons in life come by trial and error. You see the same pattern in the life of Jesus. He discipled His followers along the way, in the trenches of life.
- Hands-on experience with every aspect of the process
- Confidence anchored in the example of Jesus
- Proficiency in the Courageous Discipleship process
- Powerful questions that frame the reflection process
- Pathway to bridge the gap between generations
- Reproducibility with leaders in any ministry or life context
- Capacity to create a disciple-making culture in the church
- Ability to apply this process to other settings: classroom environments, groups, mentoring relationships, parenting, developing leaders, even managing volunteers
Created and taught by Dr. Gary Mayes
Gary has studied discovery-based learning and the application of coaching strategies to the process of developing leaders for years. He is passionate about mobilizing the church to reach a changing world by empowering people to live the life Jesus intended. This is one way he lives out that passion and calling. He currently serves as Executive Director of ChurchNEXT with Church Resource Ministries. He has worked with the church, missions and ministry leaders around the world for over thirty years. Along the way, he has authored five books. His DNA of a Revolution: 1st Century Breakthroughs That Will Transform The Church, has been used by several pastor networks in Mission Ohio.
A paradox of church life is that when we focus on building a church we get an organization, even an institution. When we focus on making and developing disciples we end up with a dynamic church.
Executive Director ChurchNEXT
Church Resource Ministries