This material was first posted in the CABA Leader Briefing by Mark Snowden, Director of Missional Leadership, Cincinnati Area Baptist Association (CABAdirector@gmail.com). Daniel Im led breakout sessions at the Midwest Leadership Summit. Videos of those sessions will be available soon at www.mwadvance.org.
SEC WORKSHOP: 6 Characteristics of Churches that Multiply
by Daniel Im based on LifeWay's largest research project among 17 denominations and networks:
- Embracing a kingdom vision -- looking beyond their own church
- Preparing the planter -- 26% had prayer partners vs. just 9% with no prayer partners
- Loving the lost and intentionally evangelizing -- BLESS: Begin praying, Lists, Eat together, Serve, and Story -- share your story of grace and what Jesus is doing in your life (Dave Ferguson)
- Committing to discipleship -- 24% had new member classes; includes class, workshops and one on one mentoring (24%)
- Developing other leaders -- recruit, equip, repeat Eph. 4:11-13 is the key -- become self-sufficient at a greater rate when intentional
- Creating a clear strategy to multiply -- a. monthly revisit commitment to multiply; b. partner with other churches; c. churches invested into plants.
Which one of the six will you start on this week? Tip: Invest one hour every week on multiplying. Classes and consultation available at www.newchurches.com.
For more from Daniel Im check out No Silver Bullets or Planting Missional Churches
Daniel Im, Director of Church Multiplication for NewChurches.com at LifeWay Christian Resources.